Current time: 17-05-2024, 08:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
LFS New Patch Discussion thread
03-06-2011, 06:31 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 06:31 by Fatteeh.)
RE: LFS New Patch Discussion thread
Scawen, LFS z35 progress report Wrote:Hello everyone, I'll let you know how it's going, as it's Friday and some people might hope for a patch today.

The unified autocross system is going well, old tracks now load correctly with their old autocross objects deleted, but all objects still appearing because they automatically refer to the new ones in the list of unified objects. Some of the new objects have been changed a little, mostly in ways you can't see or won't notice but they are more optimised for graphics and physics, using fewer texture pages, no downward facing polygons on unmovable objects and that kind of thing.

On all tracks you can select tyre stacks 1, 2, 3 or 4 high and you can select natural black or white / red / green / yellow / blue painted tyre stacks, using the colours from the existing LFS tyre stacks. Also chalk objects can be coloured white / red / blue / yellow. The 6m and 10m speed humps from Kyoto are available at all tracks.

There are still various related small things to finish and the automatic conversion tables for old layouts still need to be done. The conversion tables can mostly be generated automatically but I need to do manual entries for some of the objects.

It seems like 1 or 2 days to get that fully functioning and safely loading old layouts, but I won't be ready to release the patch at that point because there are a few more things to be added to that incompatible patch. Such as allowing qualifying in open configs, enabling the random red lights, InSim reporting object collisions, InSim adding and removing objects.

I don't see any big problems ahead so it should be ready by next Friday at the latest. Hopefully sooner but sometimes tricky things come up.

So yea, nice stuff coming up Happyface
And I'm really waiting for S3 to be released Fingertwist
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LFS New Patch Discussion thread - Fatteeh - 03-06-2011 06:31